1.The Institute for European and Globalization Studies – Split is launching the Energy and Economic Forum: European Union – Russia (abbreviated as: EEF:EU-RUS).
2. The Forum philosophy concerns a dialogue of actors from various civilizational and cultural circles based on an examination of energy policies, economic cooperation and a “game of exchange” between the Republic of Croatia, European Union, Russia and Southeast Europe / Western Balkans.
3. The Forum is a communication gathering of theorists and practitioners in the fields of energy and economics, experts in energy and economic policies in the Republic of Croatia, European Union, Russia and Western Balkans countries. The Forum also gathers experts from national bodies, agencies and financial institutions.
4. The aim of the forum is to engage in free discussion, exchange ideas, and promote dialogue and business cooperation between the West (EU), the East (Russia) and Western Balkans countries, as well as to consider energy policies with regard to common interests.
5.The Forum, with its recommendations and initiatives, can give an impetus to analysis, strategies and the proposal of policies that would result in increased transparency, mutual trust, and stable energy cooperation between the Republic of Croatia, European Union and Russia.
1. Concept of the first international energy scientific and business forum, organized by the Institute for European and Globalization Studies, partners and sponsors
• The international energy forum titled “Challenges and Options in the Field of Energy in Southeast Europe” is envisaged as a gathering of scientists and experts in order to engage in open discussion of the current state of play in the field of energy in Europe. • The current state of play with regard to energy under the influence of the global trends, relationship between the European Union and Russia, and the impact of that relationship on Southeast Europe. It is the geopolitical dimension of the energy discourse.
• Another idea of the Forum is to discuss the options for investing and conducting business in the Republic of Croatia as well as establishing new scientific and business contacts on the international level in the spirit of dialogue, tolerance in international relations, and scientific and business/entrepreneurial ethics.
• This is the first international energy forum organized by the Institute for European and Globalization Studies, to be held annually in September in Split (Republic of Croatia). The idea is to make it recognizable in the international community in the long term.
2. Three panel discussions - Europe, global trends and challenges with regard to energy in the 21st century - State of play in the energy sector in Southeast Europe - Investment and business options in the Republic of Croatia in the field of energy
3. Forum/conference work methodology 3.1. At least one expert (practitioner) from the field of business (energy) as well as expert from international academic circles will participate in each panel discussion. The aim is to establish dialogue between the scientific and business communities in the field of energy.
4. Participants/lecturers Lecturers from the Republic of Croatia, European Union, Russia and Southeast Europe will be invited to the conference. The participants/lecturers will be presented in the final Programme of the conference, i.e. the first energy forum of the Institute for European and Globalization Studies.